Building of the week—Chicago & Northwestern Railroad Depot
Key Project Information
Address: 319 Williams Street, Waukesha WI
Year Built: 1881
Architectural Style: Queen Anne
Historical Use: Railroad passenger depot
Built by the Milwaukee and Madison Railway Company in 1881, this depot consolidated the Chicago, Milwaukee and North-Western Railway company and was the second railroad built into the city of Waukesha.
The last passenger train through Waukesha operated on June 16, 1957. The building was later converted into the Depot Restaurant in 1973. In 2002 it was turned into a Mexican restaurant called La Estacion.