Building of the week—Waukesha County Manufacturing Company / Waukesha Motor Company
Key Project Information
Address: 139 E North Street, Waukesha WI
Year Built: 1866
Architectural Style: Commercial Vernacular
Historical Use: Warehouse
Constructed in 1866 as a wool storage warehouse for the Waukesha County Manufacturing Company, which operated a woolen mill on the opposite side of North Street. It was purchased by the operators of the Blue Front Garage in 1906, a business which would evolve into the Waukesha Motor Company which produced internal combustion engines.
This building has seen a variety of tenants over the years, but is currently owned by Image Makers, who remodeled the building into their offices in the 1990s, and installed the new windows and storefront.